Branding + Digital + Activations
Social Media Intern
Who we are.
Makers & Allies is an award-winning design and branding studio producing exclusively for the wine, craft, and spirits industry. We’re a multi-talented creative crew that has learned how to play at the top of our game together. We’re pretty damn serious about what we do, but never too serious about ourselves.
- Stand Out
- Stand for Something
- Details are Everything
Social Media Intern
September 2021- December 2021
As an Intern with a focus on social media & activations, you have a natural passion for marketing in the digital space. You’re excited about communicating and connecting with brand audiences while authentically representing our client’s voice through social media. You thrive in social environments and collaborative work places, as you are keen on bringing people and brands together.
We are looking for a positive team player to assist our Digital & Activation team in monitoring brands day-to-day consumer interactions on social media. You will report to the Digital & Activations Coordinator and be responsible for responding to commentary, providing educational resources to followers, re-sharing and sourcing user generated content, and other related tasks with the goal of bringing our portfolio of brands’ strategies to life.
Who you are.
You’re hungry and hard-working, dedicated to the details and ready to take your skills to the next level. The right person would…
- Have a passion for branding, and how it relates to social media engagement
- Have an excitement towards building relationships and communicating with a brand audience
- Showcase a reliable work-ethic while fulfilling tasks independently
- Have excellent communication skills, both written, verbal, casual and interpersonal
- Be experienced with social media platforms such as Instagram & Facebook Business Manager
What you’ll do
Community Management requires…
- Creating positive and engaging experiences within each brand’s community “❤️”
- Daily oversight of all incoming messages, branded hashtags, story shares and tagged posts to ensure timely responses for all client accounts
- Cultivating account growth through organic engagement
- Using a branded voice to reply and engage effectively with diverse audiences
- Replying to consumers to answer questions and/or point them in the right direction
- Strategically scout for new faces and emerging talent that fits our clients’ brand ethos & social strategies
- Be personable! Grow and nurture relationships with talent and potential partners to form organic relationships for future collaborations “🙌”
- Experience using social media platforms for business (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Etc…)
- 10 – 12 hours of availability per week (2-3 hours per day)
- The ability to work in-office. Note: While our schedule is flexible, the Social Media Intern must be able to collaborate in-person to fulfill their weekly hours between the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Positive and a collaborative nature
Nice to haves.
- Studying or working in marketing or related field
- Experience with B2C social media marketing and brand development
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Iconosquare, Facebook Business Manager, Other)
- An eye for content curation
- Creative chops to execute Instagram grid creation
- A palette for good wine, beer and spirits!
What we offer you.
- Part time hourly salary
- Amazing clients, projects, and people
- A sweet office space
- Opportunity to build experience in branding, social & agency communications
- A team that’s wildly creative, works smart, and plays hard