Social Media Coordinator
Who We Are.
Makers & Allies is an award-winning design and branding studio producing exclusively for the wine, craft, and spirits industry. We’re a multi-talented creative crew that has learned how to play at the top of our game together. We’re pretty damn serious about what we do, but never too serious about ourselves.
- Stand Out
- Stand for Something
- Details are Everything
Who You Are.
Do you thrive on authentically representing a brand’s voice through social media and how the visual universe around a brand can influence its success? Are you passionate about curating visuals to tell a visual story? If so, then Makers & Allies wants you to join our growing team.
You will have the chance to work with some of the most innovative and forward-thinking brands in the wine, craft, and spirits industry. You will be able to use your strategic vision across social media channels to help create unique and effective solutions that will help our clients stand out from the competition. You will also have the opportunity to work with a team of talented and passionate professionals in a collaborative environment where you can share your ideas and be part of the creative process.
What You’ll Do.
- Collaborate closely with Art Directors/Creative Directors/Social Media Managers to plan, curate, and design monthly social media content (utilizing design, photography, and video)
- Support the creation of photo/video shoot shot lists, aid in the planning and final execution of photos/video shoots alongside Art Directors/Creative Directors as well as with various photographers/videographers to align with creative direction, budgets, and timelines.
- Learn and maintain organization of content and photography internally with streamlined cataloging to make sure photos are stored safely and managed properly
- Write and curate day-to-day copy & content across all social media channels managed by Makers & Allies – including, but not limited to: Instagram & Facebook
- Support in the ideation and conceptualization of various visual directions and propose new ideas to Art Directors and Creative Directors to drive engagement and build brand visuals through social and other various marketing channels (web and in-store).
- Support detailed editing and color correcting of raw photographic assets and occasional animated content to produce refined final deliverables as the output from regular Makers & Allies productions.
- Assist in prop sourcing for custom set designs for various photo/video shoots
- Assist on-set during photo/video productions by working closely with Art Directors, photographers, and videographers
- Aid in the final editing process of photography and videography through client delivery
- Be personable! Grow and nurture relationships with talent & potential partners to form organic relationships for future collaborations
- Collaborate with Art Directors and Project Managers to develop design & advertising visuals for client projects and internal design & marketing efforts
- High attention to typography, photo manipulation and color correcting capabilities will be required daily.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in social media, photo editing & digital marketing
- An understanding of social media and digital marketing trends, industry best practices, social media algorithms, and ad formats
- Ability to juggle multiple projects alongside team members’ calendars and schedules to accomplish goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable, positive, and flexible. Able to work interactively and proactively with internal and external parties at all levels.
- Ability to support both lifestyle & studio photoshoots
- Lightroom proficiency with a solid understanding of Photoshop & Illustrator (Nice to have: After Effects and Premiere Editing experience)
- Curated personal Instagram
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Creative writing skills to support various brand voices
- High level of accuracy; able to detect inconsistencies and errors including reporting, product names, grammar, etc.
- Not afraid to ask questions, take criticism, and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful self-starter and creative problem solver with impeccable time management and prioritization skills
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Apply anyways!
Nice to Haves.
- A sense of humor
- Weird art skills
- Cooking talents
- A palette for good wine, beer and spirits
What We Offer You.
- Benefits package, including 401k, medical, dental, and vision (full-time positions only)
- Occasional cases of wine to take home
- Amazing clients and projects to work on
- A sweet office space for both working and hanging
- A team that is wildly creative, works smart and plays hard