Senior Art Director
Who we are.
Makers & Allies is an award-winning design and branding studio producing exclusively for the wine, craft, and spirits industry. We’re a multi-talented creative crew that has learned how to play at the top of our game together. We’re pretty damn serious about what we do, but never too serious about ourselves.
- Stand Out
- Stand for Something
- Details are Everything
Who you are.
As a Senior Art Director, you possess the ability to generate highly original concepts and have an outstanding sense of design style paired with an incredible eye for detail. You’re able to clearly and effectively communicate your ideas in a positive and collaborative environment that fuels the team with inspiration and breeds success for our clients.
If you’re an Art Director with experience managing a creative team and a passion for unique wine, craft brew, and barrel-aged whiskey we’d love to take a peek at your resume and portfolio.
What you can do.
- Lead the ideation of creative concepts, both independently and in team collaboration
- Work effectively to design and direct exceptionally executed creative solutions, from the big picture, down to the small details
- Confidently present and articulate creative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Successfully lead client presentations and expectations from kick-off to final project delivery
- Create compelling brand stories through strategic copywriting
- Stay current on design softwares and trends, specifically in the print and digital spaces
- Act as a true collaborator and culture builder of a quickly growing design studio
- Constantly look for ways to improve and strengthen our teams capabilities
- Systematically multitask and manage your own projects and priorities while overseeing others
- Keep project managers informed and projects on track with timelines and budgets
- Mentor others through process and support team members growth paths
- Bring a positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic to our company
- 5+ years designing specifically for packaging, web, print, and digital
- 3+ years experience managing a creative team
- 2+ years experience in the beverage industry
- Ability to work in-office with our team in San Luis Obispo, CA
- Deep knowledge in the creative focus areas that our company offers: branding, packaging, digital
- Experience managing projects from concept to completion through others
- Experience managing contractors (photo, video, design, dev, copy) and print vendors
- Mastery of design tools: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Sketch, InVision, Keynote
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating breadth across various mediums of design: illustration, iconography, and branding across both print and digital
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Apply anyways!
- A well behaved office dog
- Killer cocktail recipes
What we offer you.
- Competitive Salary
- A sweet benefits package, including 401k, medical, dental, and vision
- Occasional cases of wine to take home
- Amazing clients and projects to work on
- An inspiring office space for both working and hanging
- A team that is wildly creative, works smart, and plays hard
We’d love to hear about.
- Your experience as a leader in design
- Your relationship to the craft beverage industry