The Content Producer & Photographer role leads all the photo and video needs for web, social media, and marketing. They will help develop, produce, and execute photoshoots and curate social media and web content to support all advertising & marketing efforts for Makers & Allies clients as well as support internal photo/video content for Makers & Allies itself.
Passion for the world of digital marketing and social media as a business tool is necessary for this fast-paced role, along with a creative approach to day to day hurdles, a high attention to detail, and an understanding of the world of craft beer, wine, and spirits.
We are looking for a positive team player with a let’s-figure-this-out attitude who wants to jump right in and hit the ground running.
What You’ll Do.
- Strategize and collaborate closely with Art Directors/Creative Directors and Social Media Manager to plan, curate and schedule monthly social media content (across design, photography, copywriting, and video)
- Create photoshoot shot lists, plan and execute photoshoots with various photographers to align with creative direction and client timelines (whether internal or external)
- Maintain all content and photography organized internally with a streamlined catalogue to make sure photos are stored safely and managed properly
- Curate day-to-day content across all social media channels managed by Makers & Allies – including, but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Curate and coordinate all user-generated content for client accounts
- Ideate and conceptualize various visual directions and propose new ideas to Art Directors and Creative Directors to drive engagement and build brand visuals through social and other various marketing channels (web and in-store).
Strategy & Analytics
- Assist in developing social strategies for new brands
- Constantly analyze and refine ongoing social strategies for managed brands to further drive user engagement
- Stay on top of key industry trends, competitors, industry leaders and influencers, emerging social channels, and best practices
- Review social analytics and established success metrics with the social media manager for all social media and marketing efforts to make sure the creative content is moving in the right direction to support account growth, advertising, digital campaigns, and influencers
- Analyze reports, data and insights with social media manager to help guide decision making of all marketing efforts.
- Engage with influential talent and brand relationships from start to finish, ensuring creative vision is fulfilled and content fits within brand standards
- Actively scout for new faces and emerging talent that fits our clients’ brand ethos & social strategies
- Design, assemble and distribute product and brand swag for talent and potential influencers
- Be personable! Grow and nurture relationships with talent & potential partners to form organic relationships for future collaborations
- Collaborate with Art Directors to develop marketing visuals for both client projects and internal marketing efforts and coordinate with the team to prioritize internal marketing photoshoots & deliverables alongside client projects
- Shoot internal photography and keep website & social media channels updated with current studio happenings that build our culture outside the office and develop our digital portfolio
- Curate and submit Makers & Allies projects to awards & design blogs
- Understand photography’s role in marketing and branding and its potential to bring a brand to life
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in social media marketing: scheduling content on all common platforms, running paid ads, and shooting
- Solid understanding of social media and digital marketing trends, industry best practices, social media algorithms, and ad formats
- Ability to juggle multiple client deadlines and team members calendars and schedules to accomplish goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable, positive and flexible. Able to work interactively and proactively with internal and external parties at all levels.
- Ability to shoot both lifestyle & studio photography
- Lightroom proficiency with a solid understanding of Photoshop & Illustrator
- Curated personal Instagram
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Outstanding creative writing skills, supporting various brand voices
- High level of accuracy; able to detect inconsistencies and errors including reporting, product names, grammar, etc.
- Not afraid to ask questions, take criticism, and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful self-starter and creative problem solver with impeccable time management and prioritization skills
Nice to Haves.
- Videography & animation skills
- A passion for social media
- A network of other photographers and creative collaborators
- A circle of friends who are willing to collaborate as models or extras
- A well-behaved office dog
- Weird art skills
- Cooking skills
- A palette for good wine, beer and spirits!
What We Offer You.
- Paid time off
- A sweet benefits package, including 401k, medical, dental, and vision
- Cold brew & cider on tap daily
- Occasional cases of wine to take home
- Amazing clients and projects to work on
- A sweet office space for both working and hanging
- A team that is wildly creative, works smart, and plays hard