Branding + Packaging + Digital
Designer | All Levels
Who we are.
Makers & Allies is an award-winning design and branding studio producing exclusively for the wine, craft, and spirits industry. We’re a multi-talented creative crew that has learned how to play at the top of our game together. We’re pretty damn serious about what we do, but never too serious about ourselves.
- Stand Out
- Stand for Something
- Details are Everything
Who you are.
You’re an exceptionally talented designer with branding experience in the alcohol and beverage industry and a dedicated passion for your craft. You possess the ability to generate original concepts and have an outstanding sense of design style paired with an incredible eye for detail.
What you can do.
- Think big picture and execute down to the small details
- Concept meaningful ideas, designs and brand communications
- Turn creative direction into inspired work that solves the problem
- Collaborate effectively with writers, designers, print vendors, developers, and project managers
- Design compelling and strategic presentations that strengthen your work
- Independently and successfully manage your time, tasks and the creative process
- Communicate clearly both internally and client facing
- Be awesome to work with
- Go above and beyond
- 2-5+ years designing specifically for packaging, web, print, and digital (beverage industry strongly preferred)
- Incredible attention to every detail
- Hungry hard-working creative drive
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Experience in managing projects from concept to completion
- Mastery of design tools: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,
- Thorough understanding of print production processes (experience on press strongly preferred)
- Experience creating product mock-ups in Photoshop
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating breadth across various mediums of design: illustration, iconography, and branding across both print and digital
- Experience creating digital prototypes and collaborating with developers
- Experience with Sketch and UX design best practices
- Knowledge of video editing and motion design (After Effects)
- 3D design experience
- A well behaved office dog
- Killer cocktail recipes
What we offer you.
- Competitive Salary
- A sweet benefits package, including 401k, medical, dental, and vision
- Occasional cases of wine to take home
- Amazing clients and projects to work on
- An inspiring office space for both working and hanging
- A team that is wildly creative, works smart, and plays hard