Art Director & Producer
Who You Are.
Are you driven by the challenge of crafting compelling visual narratives that elevate brands in the wine, craft, and spirits industry? Are you constantly on the lookout for fresh avenues to push the boundaries of your creativity? If you possess a deep passion for spearheading and collaborating with fellow creatives to create attention worthy content, Makers & Allies wants to hear from you.
You will have the chance to work with some of the most innovative and forward-thinking brands in the wine, craft, and spirits industry. You will be able to use your strategic vision to help create unique and effective solutions that will help our clients stand out from the competition. You will also have the opportunity to work with a team of talented and passionate professionals in a collaborative environment where you can share your ideas and be part of the creative process.
What You’ll Do.
- Develop compelling and original creative ideas alongside design, brand, and growth departments that support a clients strategic vision and fulfills project goals.
- Guide projects and other junior team members in producing high quality visuals through both images and video that communicate the project’s overall vision and plan.
- Manage social media post-production work including posts, stories, reels, promotions, etc. that meet the quality standard for the company and achieve the client objectives.
- Oversee on-site execution of photo and video shoots, in addition to post-production editing for overall brand consistency.
- Manage budgets and expenses for production photo and video shoots that align both internal and client expectations.
- Manage more junior direct reports, provide feedback, and lead annual performance reviews.
- 4+ years relevant experience in managing and directing photo & video shoots.
- 2+ years in the craft beverage industry
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- 2+ years handling budget management
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, After Effects, and Premiere.
Nice to Haves.
- Experience in Capture One, GoogleSuite and Basecamp a plus
- Videography & animation skills
- A passion for social media
- A network of other photographers and creative collaborators
- A circle of friends who are willing to collaborate as models or extras
- A well-behaved office dog
- A palette for good wine, beer and spirits!
What We Offer You.
- In person at Makers & Allies HQ in San Luis Obispo, California
- 40 hours weekly: Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm with occasional ability to extend hours to meet deadline
- A collaborative and engaging, yet occasionally loud, open office environment
- Cold brew & cider on tap daily
- Occasional cases of wine to take home
- Amazing clients and projects to work on
- A team that is wildly creative, works smart, and plays hard